DBZ :: Duel of Fates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DBZ :: Duel of Fates

A Dragonball Z roleplaying game

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inDragonball: Shintai

What, where and why of your OCs!

Go down 
+7
Miyuki
Anima
Strefe
Kidachei
Gekisaru
Meraxa
Saiyajin Lime
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Saiyajin Lime
Tournament Champ
Saiyajin Lime

What, where and why of your OCs! Empty
PostSubject: What, where and why of your OCs!   What, where and why of your OCs! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 4:15 pm

I was meant to ask a while ago but...

What drove you to create your OC?

Where were you when you imagined it?

Why!?

Is there some kind of evil plan under his concept?!

I think it can be fun doing so, so let's start!!!

Lime:
* My friend, CeruleMagus (@ DA), has a character called Solon. On RP, he was heartbroken, so I came up with a "random" guy, nameless, who could listen to Solon's rant, vent and crying. Lime came up... And well, since Cerule LOVED him so bad, Lime needed a character sheet and well, he's what you see today. LOL.
* I was... ehh... Eating and RPing on WLM. Although the idea of looking on citrus fruits for his name and his relatives' came from... staring at a tangerine... o_o;
* Why did I create him? Because I love Cerule~ And since we can't "be together", I use Lime to get close to Solon aka him. LULZ.

LONG AFTER THAT, Lime turned into an action character... And girls liked him and guys... respected and acknowledged him. LOL
Back to top Go down
Meraxa
1st Class Warrior
Meraxa

PostSubject: Re: What, where and why of your OCs!   What, where and why of your OCs! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 4:48 pm

Borosel came about when I finally gave into my temptation to make a second character on another forum, as activity with my human was kinda slowing down. Now Aurelia/Celeria had this great character, and I wanted to rp with her because I figured it would be fun. As such, I initially started with Borosel as a character who would serve as Cel's nappa in a away.

And then, whilst trying to find a good appearance for his oversized saiyan, I saw it. The image was a 'What if bojack was a saiyan' thing, and I found it to be pretty awesome. However, said image also reshaped how I wanted this guy to turn out. See, when I look at a characters 'main' image, I take it as what they're normally like. And the bojack saiyan had this wild grin and natural excitement to him that didn't fit with a nappa clone. So I decided to make a more decent and friendly than normal saiyan, though due to the way said site was set up, I had to have him retain a fairly violent nature underneath in order to avoid the admins yelling 'Goku clone' (which to them was any saiyan that wasn't there's and yet somehow avoided being a huge jerkass).

With no such restriction here, I felt free to make him even more decent, though still enjoying a good fight.

As for evil plans... That's with another character xD
Back to top Go down
Gekisaru
Monkey Boy
Gekisaru

PostSubject: Re: What, where and why of your OCs!   What, where and why of your OCs! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 4:58 pm

What drove you to create your OC?: My passion to be evil and different caused me to create my OC, which will be very different from all the others on this site.

Where were you when you imagined it?: I thought about it over 2 days: at school, at home, outside, and at this desk.

Why!?: BECAUSE I'M A DBZ FAN ALL THE WAY THROUGH, BABY!

Is there some kind of evil plan under his concept?!:

Last edited by Starkiller on Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Image too large.)
Back to top Go down
Kidachei
1st Class Warrior
Kidachei

PostSubject: Re: What, where and why of your OCs!   What, where and why of your OCs! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 5:15 pm

Weeeeeell!

1) When I came onto DA I had already had a DBZ OC that I admit I have most appearance form Kida in the "Atlantis" Movie. :3 Though that movie was my fav and I kept the white hair and blue eyes (Not skin, I like creamy tan :3) and changing her whole attidtude.

2) At my house while watching the movie XD Came to me in a vision at night XD

3) I WAS EIGHT!!!!!

4) Evil??? Does bein' a overreacting B-word count? Razz

lol! Maybe we should put more questions!!! XD
Back to top Go down
http://Kidachei-San.Deviantart.com
Strefe
Squad Leader
Strefe

PostSubject: Re: What, where and why of your OCs!   What, where and why of your OCs! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 11:35 pm

The majority of my OC's are created for fan fictions I write. I believe I have a lot of them (roughly around 10) but I don't use most of them outside of the stories I put them into.

With Link, I created him with my friend Sasha for this RPG. I think we were at school sitting in English when we first started talking about him and he wound up being based on Matt from Death Note. Fellow Death Note fan's may already have noticed this actually.
With his name and his green hair, I pulled these from a character I created for a book I fantasized about writing roughly 2 years ago. It's quite funny as I even found a piece of paper dated around then with a list of the characters for that story written on it. I took it to school one day and showed Sasha and had a really good laugh about it.
For Link's race (the Kippy's) I actually named them after a cousin of mine (who may or may not kill me for it if he ever finds out although I'm not really sure what his reaction will be). His name is Christopher but Kippy is a nickname of his that has always reminded me of Kangaroo's (I think this is due to the fact that Kippy is also the name of a bag of Kangaroo shaped potato chip's).
His outfit? Based on Matt's from Death Note. The colours of his outfit? I thought they'd look nice with his hair colour and give him a cheerful and silly kind of look. His technopathic abilities? I wanted to make him special without being a fighter. His sexual orientation? When I found out Caithion was homosexual, it encouraged me to make Link bi. I'd never been gain enough before to make any character's of mine anything other than straight so I blame Caith for giving me the guts to try something new. XD
I can't remember why we created Gylfie but I do think he/she reminds me of a digimon I've seen pictures of.

With Cripty, he too was created for this RPG. I think he resembles a gargoyle but I may be the only one who thinks this.
I'd been bugging all the mods around here about information on the Sages when I found out that Ebony (the Necromancer) was no longer in the game. Upon learning this, I started really wanting to have a character to fill the vacant spot and ended up with the chance to do so when I was invited into the main game. For about 6 hours, I was thinking about Dabura (don't ask) but I quickly came to realise how stupid that idea was. However, Dabura made me think of the Makaioshin's as he is said to likely be one of them. This is how I decided on creating a character who was a Makaioshin.
Cripty's name is derived from a nickname I gave to a friend of mine whose name I could never remember (yeah, I'm a terrible friend!) and after I started calling him Kirby I finally was able to remember that my friends real name was Glen! I got home from school that afternoon of the day I first called him Kirby and was trying to remember it when I accidentally said 'Cripty' instead.
Cripty reminds me of the word 'crypt' which makes me think of tombstones. ^^
With his design, I have had it in the back of my head for many years but I've never had a name or a character to give it to until now though. I nearly gave him red eyes instead of yellow but I noticed that a few of the Sages also have red eyes so I decided to go with yellow to try something different. I remembered afterwards that Dabura (who I used to base a few of Cripty's physical features off) has yellow eyes too so that worked out rather well, don't you think?
For Cripty's abilities and his title (the Trickster) I was basing him off the Trickster god from Supernatural (who is later determined to be an angel but that's a different subject entirely).
I really must thank Karete and Star for their help with perfecting him though. THANK YOU GUYS!!!

I'll also be sticking up a one-shot about Cripty when I've finished it too so keep your eyes out for it. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://strefe.deviantart.com/
Saiyajin Lime
Tournament Champ
Saiyajin Lime

PostSubject: Re: What, where and why of your OCs!   What, where and why of your OCs! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 6:01 am

Mm, yeah... well, I did Lime orientation being the same as mine, and well, due to circumstances, he ended up paired with another man... and they love each other SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much. I think you can see stuff about Lime and his mate on my DA Gallery ( http://furiael.deviantart.com ).

For me, I have to say that I based Lime's appearance on many things. One, was Kenshin from Rurouni Kenshin (hair color). Another one, was Hajime Saito from the same series (kickass attitude), and another one was... Mm... Oh yes! Haohmaru from Samurai Showdown/Spirits. That, and a great Gohan/Goku references for his body, and the red tail detail was added by my friend Cerule.

With time, I had created Lime, and he fought, BUT, he didn't have techniques. I remember that I was on a random talk with some friends, and they said that Lime looked like... if he had a mane, so they compared him with a lion. After that, I created his first and signature technique, the Shishi Nenshou (Burning/Flaming Lion), and then the other ones came along.. Hail slash, and the Ougon no Shishi (which is Lime's "ultimate" move)...

And after that, I thought about some techniques, sword based, since he has proficiency with it... Kousa Blaster, Subaru no Toku and Limelight are his most used...

I've read what people have posted, and they are really interesting.

I LMAOed with the HELL YEAH THING! XD That was SO cool and EPIC.

And, I can't wait to see Borosel as Celeria's Nappa~

And see the evil guys running around the forum!!! WE WANT ACTION, LOLZ!

o.o More questions...? mmm... *thinks*

How do you picture your character a couple of months of RP later?

Do you think your character would be as cool as it is if it was... a namek? o.o

Do you think Super Kami Guru approves it?

Is it afraid of Mr. Popo? Cause I know an OC who is! (NAH, I fail to be random, LOL!)

Back to top Go down
Anima
Monkey Boy

PostSubject: Re: What, where and why of your OCs!   What, where and why of your OCs! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 5:00 pm

My character Ryuuha was created to replace my previous main OC, who was a horrendous Mary Sue. I recycled her appearance from another character of mine. Her blonde streak was a result of a sprite recolor fail.
Back to top Go down
Meraxa
1st Class Warrior
Meraxa

PostSubject: Re: What, where and why of your OCs!   What, where and why of your OCs! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 5:10 pm

In order now:

1) Hopefully still of importance

2) Nope. Borosel is borosel only because he's a saiyan. To make him something different would ruin the effect.

3) But of course - I created the button Cool

Meanwhile, on Planet Namek

"Nnnnaaaaaaaiiiiilllll..."

"Yes Super Kami Guru?"

"He has taken my button in vain. Get him."

"Yes sir."

4) Man doesn't know what a Popo is.

Mr Popo: "Oh trust me, he will."

...I feel as if my day is about to get painful o.0
Back to top Go down
Miyuki
Arlian Spy
Miyuki

PostSubject: Re: What, where and why of your OCs!   What, where and why of your OCs! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 11:56 am

Well Miyuki was created about two years ago, however she wasn't DBZ OC; she was actually a second character to another OC I created name Honey. This was another OC that I made for the manga: Battle Angel Alita. However I didn't like Miyuki in that world so I scrapped her out, however I kept her design and personality in a folder for the time being. However when I got obsessed with DBZ again I thought Miyuki would fit well into the DBZ universe.

I was at home, reading manga when I suddenly had the urge to draw. I grabbed my pencil and start drawing. I tend to draw whatever is on my mind and a cute cat girl came into play and that was the start of Miyuki birth.

Why!?
I honestly have no idea, Ideas come to me and I have to put it on paper, same thing goes with the rest of my OC creations

Is there some kind of evil plan under his/her concept?!

Well ever since I created her, I always made her to be with the Kold Empire. At first, Miyuki was supposedly a possessed doll that Frieza got as a child from his mother that suddenly came to life when Frieza made a wish on a star. Another concept I went for was that she was a slave prisoner who was bought by Frieza as a servant in his palace, However neither one stuck with me and when I came here to DOF I had to put a lot of thought into her design and back-story. That in the end she became a valuable tactician to the Kold army.
Back to top Go down
http://projecthalfbreed.deviantart.com/
Gekisaru
Monkey Boy
Gekisaru

PostSubject: Re: What, where and why of your OCs!   What, where and why of your OCs! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 2:06 pm

The 'hell yeah' picture was removed. lol
Back to top Go down
Saiyajin Lime
Tournament Champ
Saiyajin Lime

PostSubject: Re: What, where and why of your OCs!   What, where and why of your OCs! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 2:08 pm

AWWWWWWWWWW!!!

That pic was AWESOME!!! T_T
Back to top Go down
Starkiller
Admin
Starkiller

PostSubject: Re: What, where and why of your OCs!   What, where and why of your OCs! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 7:22 am

Quote :
* Why did I create him? Because I love Cerule~ And since we can't "be together", I use Lime to get close to Solon aka him. LULZ.

Gaww! So sweet. <3

What drove you to create your OC? To be completely honest, I was very young when I first created Saku - around 11 years old. She was originally named "Starkiller" and was basically a self-insert for a Star Wars fanfic I was writing at the time. Eventually I became hooked on DBZ and Saku developed out of Starkiller. I began roleplaying on MSN with my best mate IRL - she played Pan and Trunks and I played Saku, Jeice (her then very much platonic best friend and fellow adventurer) and Deceptedo, who was another Star Wars OC of mine. Since then, Saku has appeared in multiple RPGs and fanfics.

Where were you when you imagined it? Ye gods, I have no idea - it was a depressingly long time ago that Saku came into my life. ^^;

Why? Because someone has to keep Jeice's ego in order. XD

Is there some kind of evil plan under her concept? Eventually, yes. Saku's character is based on Norse mythology, specifically Mana, the Wolf who it's fortold will drink the blood of the dead in the Ragnarok prophecy. In the game, Saku carries the supposed weapon of Mana (though she doesn't believe in the gods) which is inhabited by the Mana's spirit.

And if Mr Popo is anything like the DB Abridged Popo in DOF, Saku will be petrified of him (as am I!).
Back to top Go down
http://www.daisuke-gohan.com/ginyuforce
Everion
Arlian Spy
Everion

PostSubject: Re: What, where and why of your OCs!   What, where and why of your OCs! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 8:57 pm

You know, Everion wasn't my first OC. My first was named Zanna. Believe it or not, but she was/is Zarbon's sister. God, I was like 10 or 11 when I thought of her. Then the next was Ember. She was a totally made up OC. She was her own race and she dated Freiza...then dumped him because he was too controling. Everion kinda evolved from Ember. She is her exact opposite. Ember is a complete b**ch, and Everion can't really handle killing anyone...an example is Mo. XD

She was actually suposed to be a pure blood icejin, but because someone ranted to me that people always model their icejin characters after Frieza, I changed her appearance. Then I decided that she looked more like a tropical lizard. So that's where I got the idea for her only being a third icejin.

When I came up with Everion's current look and personality...I was at home RPing with my best friend.

Why!?
Because I can :p

Is there some kind of evil plan under her concept?!
You'll never know! Evil Laugh

lol, not really. I just thought it was a really good idea.

I can see her driving everyone crazy with her ADD curiosity Poke

Do you think your character would be as cool as it is if it was... a namek? o.o
Nope. Everion is a girl...Namekians are asexual XD it wouldn't work out as well for her.

Do you think Super Kami Guru approves it?
Probably not. She's too nice. Laughing

Is it afraid of Mr. Popo?
If this is the Mr. Popo from Dragonball z Abridged...then yes...a million times yes *Everion runs away*

Back to top Go down
http://redpyrocat.devianart.com
Lilliana Nariko
Kanassan Psychic
Lilliana Nariko

PostSubject: Re: What, where and why of your OCs!   What, where and why of your OCs! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 9:26 pm

hmmm I might as well do one for my main DBZ OC pair

Ikolo+Pecoros

Ikolo is a reflection of my six year old self, like me she grows and changes in ways far different than I did but she's a sort of what if aspect of my brain from an age long gone when life was simple..

Pecoros is a reflection of my best friend from that same period in my life and he is in every way as I imagined him at that age and as he was but with a bit extra flair of my own emotions for him back then. He interacts with Ikolo in very much the same way my friend and I did as well.

sitting down and coloring/drawing with my best friend after an episode in the namek saga and we were discussing/debating why Piccolo hadn't fused with more warriors than just Nail. I held up a picture of Gohan and Piccolo and my friend remarked that Gohan looked kinda girly with his long hair and that Piccolo wasn't quite as tall as I'd made him... and so Ikolo and Pecoros were born ROFL

Why!?
kinda as a tribute to my first puppy love in all the world <3
Back to top Go down
Celeria
3rd Class Warrior
Celeria

PostSubject: Re: What, where and why of your OCs!   What, where and why of your OCs! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 6:11 am

Ok, guys, in this description you might find stuff that may appear condescending, arrogant and such, but trust me, it isn’t – it’s just the zest of a die-hard fan.

My first OC was a human. While I was RPing, and when I generally started frequenting deviantART, I noticed something rather terrible. Hordes and hordes of female saiyan OCs who were either married to Vegeta/Trunks or who had no sort of backbone whatsoever. Or worse, both. It was really giving a bad name to original characters, demeaning the entire process of character creation. The only thing I missed in the original series were credible and badass female characters whose fighting skills would be on-par with those of the male character. (Imagine my happiness when I first saw 18.)

But the funny thing is, I didn’t create Celeria intentionally…

Where were you when you imagined her?

I was in bed, just about half-asleep, when in my mind I saw the image of a saiyan woman’s face. It looked elite, with the golden jewelry and her radiant green hair. Her face was stern and relentless, and at the same time inviting. I saw her full appearance in a flash and decided to draw her. When I saw her before me for the very first time, I knew this was my chance to “make things right”.

Why?!

Because I feel the fandom needs strong female characters, who aren’t “the good guys”. Celeria is not evil, but she’s not really the “girl next door”, if you know what I mean. And, for once, other fans would encounter a character who is not paired with any canon, not related to any canon, without a tragic history, but with remarkable courage, skill and wit, paired with a dose of standard saiyan arrogance.

I never wanted to yap how Celeria is MY creation, how I am the one who is awesome and blah, blah, blah. It was never about me. Celeria is my gift to other passionate fans. So if fellow fans need a strong, developed female character for a fanfic or any other creative endeavor, I would be really glad to give my full permission to whoever may ask it. My primary goal was to give Celeria a life of her own, not related to me as an author. And I’m glad to see that she’s on her way to reach this. Celeria belongs to every true fan.

Well, she has central enemies in every universe: the Cooler Squad and Cooler himself in DOF, Vegeta in past instances... Original characters can also have this position, like Toketsu. x’D

Phew, was nice getting this off my chest... >>’
Back to top Go down
Strefe
Squad Leader
Strefe

PostSubject: Re: What, where and why of your OCs!   What, where and why of your OCs! I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 8:23 am

Wow, this thread hasn't been used in a while. Heck, last time somone posted it was Christmas time in 2010!

Anyhow, I was just daydreaming and off in my own little world (I do that a lot) and for some reason I remembered these bunch of question's Lime asked everyone in general about our characters! So, I did a little bit of re-reading and realised that I posted a reply for both Link and Cripty in the time before Ky was approved.
As I just love to blab (and blab and blab and BLAB...) about my favouritist's OC EVER, I thought I'd stop by and throw in a whole 'lotta info about her! Very Happy

Careful when you begin reading! This is long.
Xx

That question has a rather long answer. Ky wasn't just a spontaneous idea as most of my creations have been, but rather she is my oldest OC in existence who has gradually changed and developed throughout my childhood.

I really can't remember anymore which fandom (yes, she has ALWAYS been an OC for a fandom) originally gave birth to her but the first she was a part of that I CAN remember was the Animorph book series (later adapted into a TV show) written by K.A. Applegate. I can recall now that she had dark-blonde frizzy hair and a soft, innocent kind of face. At that time, she was my personal kick-ass Animorph who ran around in my fantasies acting as a near Mary-Sue and also as a self-insert of sorts, crafted to make myself better in my own eyes. At one point she was also the love interest of Marco and then later Ax (those 2 have always been my top 2 fave Animorph characters). Unfortunately, I can't remember what her name was then.

Following the Animorph version of my 'Ultimate Character', there is a bit of a gap in my memory until we finally get to... Harry Potter.

*Facepalms*

Of course, those of you here who have ever discussed the topic of Harry Potter with me should know how much I now positively LOATHE the story and the main character! But alas, it was not always so! (Yes! I once absolutely ADORED H.P. and wanted to attend Hogwarts and be Harry's girlfriend. I was so saaaaaaaaaaaad!!)
I don't remember much about the Harry Potter version of Ky except that she was pretty, kind of shy and a very good witch.
Oh! Also, as the book series went on, this early version of Harry Potter Ky eventually progressed into the kick-ass daughter of Voldemort (gah! What was wrong with me???) who was discarded as an orphan to later become a freaking VAMPIRE (I might have been in Yr 8 at this point actually... *Hides*) and make Voldemort good through a close father-daughter relationship!
Ooooooooooh Gawd... The world of fandom on the internet was lucky that I only entered it recently. Just think of the madness I would have caused!!

Anyway, moving along now! After I escaped my Harry Potter obsession (unless it was AFTER this next bit - the timeline in my head is distorted), I believe I drifted around for a while until she also became an OC/Ultimate Character for my most favourite book series ever (even now) written by Willard Price. In the Adventure series, she was a blonde-haired journalist who followed Hal and Roger Hunt around (they're the main characters) wearing a safari outfit with binoculars around her neck. At one point, she was the love interest for Hal too but luckily she didn't stay as an OC for the Adventure book series for too long as I love them too much the way they are to ever want them to change!

When it came out on video, I then went and saw the Disney movie Atlantis (much like Kidachei did!) and then became madly obsessed - even to this day - with my Ultimate Character having white hair.
I really can't explain it, I just think that it is a simply beautiful hair colour! Forever after seeing the Atlantean Kida run around with snow white hair, most versions of Ky after that have ALWAYS had the same colour! The two now go together like peanut butter and jelly and shall NEVER be separated!!

Aaaaaaand, after THAT, my memory gets even worse!! With a lot of movies, TV shows and books, I've usually ALWAYS envisioned my own character (either an old one or new and created for the fandom) being inserted into the story. Usually, this character is female, quite pretty, kick-ass and innocent at the same time and often paired with my favourite male lead. Whenever this said character possessed ALL of those traits, I always knew it was THAT character (Ky) coming back from slumbering in the back of my mind to be the heroine of my fantasy land.

Finally, we get to the year 2007 (I was in Yr 8 ) which is famous to me for being the year I became madly obsessed with vampires after performing in a school production called "Bats" as Cecil Starr, the enthusiastic Hollywood Director. (For those of you who don't know and/or care, Bats has Count Dracula in it towards the end of the play.) Following my being a part of this production, I began almost feverishly reading any vampire book I could get my hands on (I must say it too, but I read Twilight AGES before it became famous - suck it, fan girls!). Due to there being SO many good vampire book series and vampire versions/interpretations to choose from, I finally broke away from specific fandoms and began the difficult process of creating my own.

It was at this time, that 'Ly' was born. (Notice the name?? Lolz!)

Ly Morgan was her full name. She had blonde/white hair, freakishly blue eyes and happened to be a Dhampir (part human, part vampire) who was destined to later become a full vampire when her love interest (who was heavily based on Lestat from Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles) turned her. For a long time, Ly was the final version of my Ultimate Character who somehow became part angel, part vampire with Lucifer as her father (I don't know, okay! I'm crazy!).

In 2009, I finally started changing my Ultimate Character again when I began reading romance books (including the Dark Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon - I lolz at Karete and Caith) and watching 3 friends of mine (including the infamous Shroom who trolled DOF a long time ago) play World of Warcraft on their computers. If those of you still reading are familiar with either, it should be apparent as to what influenced the final appearance of Ky and a lot of the mythology and facts I've made up about the Kali, my original race.

As stupid and rude as Shroom turned out to be towards the end of my friendship with him, he is the sole person who is wholly responsible for my introduction to Dragonball Z. However, Ky didn't become a Dragonball Z OC until the appearance of the Eastern Supreme Kai and Kibito in Season 7.
It was the "last straw", I guess you could say. ^_^

I don't remember too much else about the development of Ky from the moment I first saw the Supreme Kai to when I first started drawing her (August 2009), but I do know that I pulled a lot of words from Hindu (I think it's called) mythology such as 'Kali' and 'Kalika' from when I read them in Christopher Pike's book series The Last Vampire. After reading about the Amazon's from somewhere, I started developing a race to better accompany Ky as the Supreme Kai's just weren't cutting it. I dropped the 'L' from 'Ly' and replaced it with a 'K' before Ky became the abbrieviation/nickname of Ky'rakaena - a name which started off as the name of a neopet of mine (an Eyrie) on the Neopet website!

A short time later, I became a member of deviantART and continued trying to draw Ky just the way I imagined her. I don't know whether it was before or after deviantART, but she also became the love interest of my altered version of Broly (aka the DOF Broly) before I caught sight of the DOF group on deviantART and talked Sasha into joining the forum with me.

I think everyone knows the rest of the story from here but I bugged the mods for AGES about the Kali before Caith told me that an Amazonian-like race of purple elves charged with keeping the balance of the universe in order wouldn't fit properly into DOF. Luckily, I went off her idea about the Kali being a race of a singular planet and came up with what I have to this day. You can read this last part here in this thread if you're interested: https://dbz-fates.rpg-board.net/t108-dof-universe-discussion

Well! There you have it. You've just been updated on the entire creation and development of how I came up with Ky! I WARNED you it was long! lol!

EDIT: Before I forget, I need to also mention that Elektra from Elektra, Alice from the Resident Evil movies, Rogue from the X-Men movies, Story from Lady in the Water, River Tam from Firefly, Leeloo from The Fifth Element, Lacus Clyne from Gundam Seed, Misa Amani from Death Note and Buffy Summers from Buffy, the Vampire Slayer have all also been very specific inspirations for the personality and such of Ky. Especially River, Leeloo and Misa!

Where were you when you imagined her?

I was always daydreaming away inside of whatever fandom I was hooked on at the time. Physically, I could have been anywhere. Mostly though, I daydreamed in class when I should have been doing work. Envisioning my Ultimate Character playing hero in my head was (and sometimes still is) my most favourite way to pass the time! Very Happy

Why?!

Because I was a young girl who dreamed of being a powerful and amazing heroine in a grand adventure and was perfectly satisfied with fulfilling those dreams by using my imagination!

Also, to be very honest, my Ultimate Character has always been my idol and someone I've admired and been proud of (despite how bad her past versions have been). She was MY personal imaginative being who was there if I wanted to daydream about a fandom and give it a personal touch in the progress. She was MY creation and the me I would have been if a magical genie popped out of a lamp and promised to grant me any 3 wishes I wanted! Honestly, Ky was ALWAYS the woman I wanted to be. Its only been very recently that I stopped wanting to be her and finally became truly happy with who I really am. These days, I am 100% happy with being simply her creator and will always think of and look upon her with a deep fondness that has developed due to her being my 'friend' of sorts throughout the duration of my childhood. Glomp

Let's see...

She has an evil older sister (Anayne) who always wants to kill her for one reason or another. Until the Tapion x Ky pairing came into existence in the past week, I was always certain in my plan to make Broly her love interest and someone whom she would eventually have to either save or kill in order to be the heroine I like to make her (this is more my fan fiction than DOF though). Then there is always my little idea I'm cooking up that involves a one-on-one battle with Cripty in the distant future of DOF.

Although she doesn't come up with these evil plans herself, my intention is to stick to a general hero trait and have her mere existence inspire such things. I love me some drama!

Finally running around with the rebel forces, battling the Sages (mebbe just one though), slowly realising she's in love with someone (hahaha, I'm totally not saying who!) and being kidnapped by the Empire! Or she'll sacrifice herself for the Rebellion and die.

Lolz! Did I fool ya?? ROFL

Do you think your character would be as cool as she is if she were... a namek? o.o

No.

Do you think Super Kami Guru approves her?

He damn sure better!! *Shakes fist* I didn't give the fat old guy my TV just so he could dis my favouritist OC ever! lol!

Is she afraid of Mr. Popo?

I'd like to think she'd be immune to the effect he has on people but... It IS Mr. Popo we're talking about here...

Mr. Popo: "Damn right we are, bitch!"
Back to top Go down
http://strefe.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What, where and why of your OCs!   What, where and why of your OCs! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What, where and why of your OCs!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DBZ :: Duel of Fates :: Members Area :: Free Chat-
Jump to: