DBZ :: Duel of Fates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DBZ :: Duel of Fates

A Dragonball Z roleplaying game

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inDragonball: Shintai

Favorite anime besides DBZ

Go down 
+12
Everion
Lilliana Nariko
Celeria
Starkiller
Karete
Miyuki
Meraxa
wolfofkohona
Kidachei
Strefe
Ramjet94
Emily_Epic
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Starkiller
Admin
Starkiller

Favorite anime besides DBZ - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite anime besides DBZ   Favorite anime besides DBZ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 6:40 am

I hate to say this guys...but I HATE Transformers. XD Enjoyed the movies, but I never liked the cartoons, not even as wee kid. I'm not a big fan of mecha anime in general, except for the Macross films, particularly Macross Plus.

Quote :
I suppose that if you're into anime that's a little more 'adult' than the stuf Miyazaki does then that's no big surprise. His stuff does tend to lean towards the 'cute' and 'fairytale happy ending'.

Wait, what?! Have you seen Grave of the Fireflies? That DVD had to go in the freezer after watching it. XD I wouldn't call Miyazaki's films cutesy exactly. Fairytale themed certainly, but they're incredibly intricate tales and take a bit of paying attention to to fully appreciate in comparison to your run of the mill fairytale stories. Mononoke Hime is probably my favourite, followed closely by The Cat Returns.

Quote :
My favorite anime's are Axis Powers Hetalia, Digimon (seasons 1, 2, tamers and xros wars) Powerpuff girls Z, G Gundam, Gurren Laggen, Getbackers, Princess Ressurection, Gravitation, Descendance of Darkness, Saber Marionette (J and J to X), Kiba, Slayers ( all of the seasons) and Knights of Ramune... That is only a few animes I can name right now that were awesome.

Booya! Another Slayers fan! Dance A while ago I noticed how similar some of our characters and their relationships with one another are to the Slayers gang, so a lot of DOF post that realisation is inspired by Slayers. Such a fun series. Very Happy

Let's see, favourite anime/manga is probably D.Grayman, Slayers, Inuyasha, Ouran HighSchool Host Club, XXXHolic, Tsubasa, CCS (heck, CLAMP in general), Lovely Complex, Sailor Moon (for the sheer hilarious campness of it), Mononoke and Ghost Hunt.

Currently watching/reading Heart no Kuni no Alice, Psychic Detective Yakumo, Fairy Tail and Gosick. The latter's especially good so far.

Back to top Go down
http://www.daisuke-gohan.com/ginyuforce
wolfofkohona
Arlian Spy
wolfofkohona

PostSubject: Re: Favorite anime besides DBZ   Favorite anime besides DBZ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 8:50 am

Oh god, I LOVE the 80s cartoon. ....Despite the fact I didn't exist in the 80s. :B
I feel all nostaligic now.

*GASP* Hate Transformers?! How dare you! Harharhar.
I kid. lol!

Ahhh....Yes....The fight between Prime and Megatron was awesome. They usually are. CB
Back to top Go down
Celeria
3rd Class Warrior
Celeria

PostSubject: Re: Favorite anime besides DBZ   Favorite anime besides DBZ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 9:05 am

My absolute faves: Monster and Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo. Very Happy

Also: Ergo Proxy, Gantz, Tenchi Muyo, Love Hina and Excel Saga.
Back to top Go down
Lilliana Nariko
Kanassan Psychic
Lilliana Nariko

PostSubject: Re: Favorite anime besides DBZ   Favorite anime besides DBZ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 11:51 am

Excel Saga and Inuyasha :'D
Back to top Go down
Karete
Admin
Karete

PostSubject: Re: Favorite anime besides DBZ   Favorite anime besides DBZ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 2:43 am

Actually I have seen Grave of the Fireflies, as horribly sad as it is. I totally forgot that Miyazaki did that one. My dad bought it for me for my birthday once...I made him return it and get Howl's Moving Castle instead - that's my fave but The Cat Returns and My Neighbour Totoro are up there in contention. In fact I just love that the Baron got awhole movie to himself after appearing for all of five minutes in Whispers of the Heart.

I'm not a fan of mecha anime either. I love Transformers and Voltron because I grew up watching them but the only one I really like these days is Full Metal Panic - cause it's hilarious! Silly silly gun toting army people...XD

Oh, recently watched High School of the Dead. Despite the gratuitous fan-service I actually thought it was pretty fun. The story was tight and the characters actually went about fighting the zombies sensibly...for once...>.<

I really wish I had time to watch Tsubasa cause it's one of my favourite mangas.
Back to top Go down
http://karete-chan.tripod.com
Starkiller
Admin
Starkiller

PostSubject: Re: Favorite anime besides DBZ   Favorite anime besides DBZ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 9:38 am

Heehee, I gave the DVD of Grave of the Fireflies to my mum to watch to teach her not all anime is like Sailor Moon. By the end of the film we were both in floods of tears. Rolling Eyes It's one of those films that is utterly brilliant (like the Plague Dogs) but you can only watch it once, otherwise you'd hang yourself from the freaking trauma. ROFL My Neighbour Totoro is brilliant! Do you also find that everyone who watches it finds something strangely nostalgic about it? *cough* I totally had(have) a crush on the baron from Cat Returns. Paranoid

I still have to watch Full Metal Panic. It comes to highly rated that I can't not watch it. Very Happy

Oooh, also - Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star! Classics. ^^ Ooh, I'll definitely look up High School of the Dead. I'm looking for some decent supernatural anime. I finished Psychic Detective Yakumo last night - was a bit disappointing, so I'm hunting for another anime, preferably like Ghost Hunt (detectives and ghosts - my two favourite things!).

I just learned that XXXHolic is about to reveal it's very last chapter tomorrow. O_O

Back to top Go down
Lilliana Nariko
Kanassan Psychic
Lilliana Nariko

PostSubject: Re: Favorite anime besides DBZ   Favorite anime besides DBZ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 9:47 am

Starkiller wrote:
*cough* I totally had(have) a crush on the baron from Cat Returns. Paranoid

I NO LONGER FEEL OUT OF PLACE AND LONELY AS A BARON FANGIRL Laughing

The Cat Returns was one of my favorite Miyazaki films ever next to Spirited Away. Howl's Moving Castle is another of my faves and Castle in the Sky still holds a place in my heart as well. I still need to grab My Neighbor Totoro so I can watch it all the way through without missing a lot of parts, Princess Mononoke is a definite 'rewatch' on my list. x: You guys found my weakness...
Back to top Go down
Meraxa
1st Class Warrior
Meraxa

PostSubject: Re: Favorite anime besides DBZ   Favorite anime besides DBZ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 10:17 am

Well Highschool of the Dead is less supernatural, and more 'there's something that's zombies, but we're not sure if they really a-PANTY SHOT'.
However, it is rather humourous, and the character development is pretty good, so I'd still reccomend it in either form. Also explores some of the various reactions that might come out of such an event as the zombie apocalypse.
Back to top Go down
Karete
Admin
Karete

PostSubject: Re: Favorite anime besides DBZ   Favorite anime besides DBZ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 10:28 pm

Yup, like I said - blatant fan service...I just ignored those parts XD.

I wish I had more time to watch all those shows!
Back to top Go down
Everion
Arlian Spy
Everion

PostSubject: Re: Favorite anime besides DBZ   Favorite anime besides DBZ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 10:20 am

Karete wrote:
Actually I have seen Grave of the Fireflies, as horribly sad as it is.

That movies both made me cry and want to hit the little girl....as horrible as that sounds. Her crying drove me crazy. I think part of it was that I couldn't giver her food and clothes...and because I hate the sound of a child crying. :/
Back to top Go down
http://redpyrocat.devianart.com
KatatheeKarrot
Capsule Corp. Drone
KatatheeKarrot

PostSubject: Re: Favorite anime besides DBZ   Favorite anime besides DBZ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 10:01 am

Ha I have a few:

Fruits Basket
Clannad
One Piece

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Karete
Admin
Karete

PostSubject: Re: Favorite anime besides DBZ   Favorite anime besides DBZ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 10:44 pm

Fruits Basket!! I love that too (though admitedly the manga was better because it actually had an ending).

I wanna take Kyo home! *squeezes cat-Kyo*
Back to top Go down
KatatheeKarrot
Capsule Corp. Drone
KatatheeKarrot

PostSubject: Re: Favorite anime besides DBZ   Favorite anime besides DBZ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 3:19 am

Karete wrote:
Fruits Basket!! I love that too (though admitedly the manga was better because it actually had an ending).

I wanna take Kyo home! *squeezes cat-Kyo*
I haven't read the manga but I know Kyo kisses Tohru which I completely approve!!

Kyo is my favourite character! -snuggles a pissed off kyo- <3
Back to top Go down
DarkWaltz
Cannon Fodder
DarkWaltz

PostSubject: Re: Favorite anime besides DBZ   Favorite anime besides DBZ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 8:19 am

I'm sad, I've only seen three of Miyazaki's films; Mononoke Hime, The Cat Returns, and Spirited Away.

As for anime; Trigun, Hellsing, YuYu Hakusho, Princess Tutu, Scrapped Princess, Voltron (Lion Version), Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Read or Die, Last Exile, and Keroro Gunsou. Off the top of my head at least.
Back to top Go down
http://blackmageswaltz.deviantart.com
SaiyanPrincess
SaiyanPrincess

PostSubject: Re: Favorite anime besides DBZ   Favorite anime besides DBZ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 6:59 pm

Bleach, One Piece, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop
Back to top Go down
Kidachei
1st Class Warrior
Kidachei

PostSubject: Re: Favorite anime besides DBZ   Favorite anime besides DBZ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 10:47 am

HETALIA!!!!!!! Whoever hasn't seen it, I advise you must! ^^ My favorite Characters there are China and Germany lol!
Back to top Go down
http://Kidachei-San.Deviantart.com
KatatheeKarrot
Capsule Corp. Drone
KatatheeKarrot

PostSubject: Re: Favorite anime besides DBZ   Favorite anime besides DBZ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:50 am

Kidachei wrote:
HETALIA!!!!!!! Whoever hasn't seen it, I advise you must! ^^ My favorite Characters there are China and Germany lol!
Where would one go about finding it? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Miyuki
Arlian Spy
Miyuki

PostSubject: Re:Favorite anime besides DBZ   Favorite anime besides DBZ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 3:40 pm

Quote :
HETALIA!!!!!!! Whoever hasn't seen it, I advise you must! ^^ My favorite Characters there are China and Germany

Yes! Dance A hetalia fan among here. Its the greatest series ever made that personifies our countries into characters. Personally I have a fourway tie for favorite character and they are England, Germany, Prussia, and France. I can't choose... Cries

Quote :
Where would one go about finding it?

Try youtube and type in "Axis Powers Hetalia" and you can watch all the episodes you want, though you need a youtube account in order to watch the episodes. or you can go here

http://www.gogoanime.com/?s=hetalia

Its where they post the newest episodes. Just work your self with "axis powers" and when you're done you can watch season three and four which is called "Hetalia World Series." I deemed this series as AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
http://projecthalfbreed.deviantart.com/
KatatheeKarrot
Capsule Corp. Drone
KatatheeKarrot

PostSubject: Re: Favorite anime besides DBZ   Favorite anime besides DBZ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 2:20 am

Miyuki wrote:
Quote :
HETALIA!!!!!!! Whoever hasn't seen it, I advise you must! ^^ My favorite Characters there are China and Germany

Yes! Dance A hetalia fan among here. Its the greatest series ever made that personifies our countries into characters. Personally I have a fourway tie for favorite character and they are England, Germany, Prussia, and France. I can't choose... Cries

Quote :
Where would one go about finding it?

Try youtube and type in "Axis Powers Hetalia" and you can watch all the episodes you want, though you need a youtube account in order to watch the episodes. or you can go here

http://www.gogoanime.com/?s=hetalia

Its where they post the newest episodes. Just work your self with "axis powers" and when you're done you can watch season three and four which is called "Hetalia World Series." I deemed this series as AWESOME!

Awesome! Thank you! I'm gonna have to have a looksie :3
Back to top Go down
wolfofkohona
Arlian Spy
wolfofkohona

PostSubject: Re: Favorite anime besides DBZ   Favorite anime besides DBZ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 2:18 pm

Ahhhh...Yes. Hetalia.
I absolutely ADORE it. It makes me giggle so.

I think currently my favourite characters are Russia, Germany, Prussia, America, and Canada. And Italy of course. Not in that particular order. But I love them all. >w<

I reccomen you all check it out. Hopefully it'll crack you up the way it does me. lol!
Back to top Go down
Kidachei
1st Class Warrior
Kidachei

PostSubject: Re: Favorite anime besides DBZ   Favorite anime besides DBZ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 8:17 pm

OH MY GOD PRUSSIA!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD "Dear Diary, I was so awesome today!!! Very Happy" CRACKS ME UP!! XD I love thier laughs!!! SO cute!!!! lol! ROFL
Back to top Go down
http://Kidachei-San.Deviantart.com
wolfofkohona
Arlian Spy
wolfofkohona

PostSubject: Re: Favorite anime besides DBZ   Favorite anime besides DBZ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 7:59 pm

Kesesesesesese~!!
I absolutely looooove Prussia.

I've been told that I can do a pretty good Prussia voice. Maybe not match the voice actor exactly but it fits him well. Very Happy

Totally just finshed Hetalia: Paint it White!...again.
Back to top Go down
Starkiller
Admin
Starkiller

PostSubject: Re: Favorite anime besides DBZ   Favorite anime besides DBZ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 2:46 pm

Has anyone watched "Kyou Kara Maou!" before? I just started it and I'm completely hooked. XD

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyo_Kara_Maoh!
Back to top Go down
Karete
Admin
Karete

PostSubject: Re: Favorite anime besides DBZ   Favorite anime besides DBZ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 7:23 pm

Oh my god that series is great!! I bought the box set of season one ages ago (much to a friend's disappointment - he kept insisting that it was a yaoi anime...>.<) and I love it!

I have seAson two part one as well but I've only watched one episode D: cause I just haven't had time. Seems to be that way with a lot of the anime I'd like to watch lately.
Back to top Go down
Starkiller
Admin
Starkiller

PostSubject: Re: Favorite anime besides DBZ   Favorite anime besides DBZ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 6:49 pm

It's so good, gaaah Karete I'm addicted to it! Wolfram...Wolfram...he's so adorable! He's like a Draco Malfoy you don't want to punch. Pfft, it's not Yaoi, not by a long shot. It's just typical Shounen ai; teases you to death with innuendo and Wolfram fawning over Yuuri, but never actually concludes anything. Sigh. Ah well, sometimes I think it's better that way.

I'm working my way up to the end of Season One. Just SO addicted to it. XD

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite anime besides DBZ   Favorite anime besides DBZ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite anime besides DBZ
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next